Wrongful acts may take many forms.
- The failure to exercise appropriate business judgment
- The breach of a duty owed to shareholders
- A material misrepresentation or omission in a financial statement; a conflict of interest, such as self-dealing or the usurpation of a corporate opportunity
- The failure to comply with the requirements of governmental and regulatory authorities
- Claims brought by competitors for misappropriation of trades secrets or intellectual property
- Claims by employees who feel mistreated